Patricia Green

Saturday 26 January 2013

The path through the trees

I was in Marlay Park - in Rathfarnam - this morning and while it had been beautiful earlier, clouds ere more in evidence than sunshine.
Still a walk up to the playground through the woods was demanded because I find this one of the most attractive suburban spaces in Ireland and whenever I am visiting I would always try to go there.
This time we went by a path I had never seen before and a number of surprising images cropped up along the way.
I won't comment much but we were lucky  - it started to rain, and we had to abandon coffee etc and head for cars..........but not before I managed to pick up a rather nice book with some great drawings and words:

 
  






 
                                                                           Who?
 
The walk:
 
 
 
So bright and green on a cloudy January day
 
 
 
Found Object
 
 
 
 


 
The Fairy Tree
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
You could see where Hockney was coming from, all the same.
 
 


 
I know these are a bit hackneyed, but the endless variety of the tree skeleton
never fails to attract.
 
Paint on Monday and tomorrow a bit about that.
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment