Patricia Green

Tuesday 29 January 2013

The Path of Pigment

So you thought you were getting rid of me............... not yet.
I have to admit to having been tired and am still tonight but duty calls.

I saw this this morning:



Piranesi, eat your heart out.

Paint again today, but much more intense and more physical. Up to the first break we used the objects we had brought in to make ......what?  tableaux, still lifes, constructions, installations? ...... Well, all of those:



What fascinated me about this exercise was what happened to me  - I immediately set out to string stuff all around and to spread and build and generally try to draw in the space around me and to express that space then by both colour and structure.

You might even say I was trying to sense my space (..that sounds familiar:it has a good ring to it )
 Stop being facetious; no, really I was surprised, because it was a totally instinctive reaction.

Later:
 
Blind-drawing with paint - I have done this before but not with paint - the same thing applies: it is really exhausting because it requires total concentration on the object and theoretically one should move one's brush at the same speed that one's eye moves over the border one is attempting to draw.
It is a good exercise in looking, though.
 
In the afternoon, using only three primary colours and a 'credit card' we had to mix paint and set out to make images of the structure in front of us from various viewpoints. I will show you three of mine, but pride forbids the fourth (it was really poor -tired and rushing: bad combination but no excuse  -maybe I'll show it tomorrow):


 
I would have to say I enjoyed using the card to paint : no room for preciousness there.
 
During the day I used  a stairwell unfamiliar to me and I met this guy who gave me a laugh;
 
 
Okay,okay, I know -I'm easily amused.
 
And the letter for today is....
 
 
Public Print
 



 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment