Patricia Green

Thursday 17 January 2013

Serious Ink


         The Plate in bed













 



First I must apologise for the odd alignment  of the images - its not intended to be arty it is simply that I am continuing to have considerable difficulty uploading images and Google do not appear to be doing anything to rectify this.

Anyway what you see here a number of images from the first few days of the print elective which I have enjoyed enormously. I think I have already posted a picture of the Yellow Pipe and here are the first prints from that photo. In the bottom picture on the left can be seen the drawing I
produced which eventuated directly in the print and over the next few days I will post some more pics of the second print in this series.

I have been following up some more on printmakers and a name has sprung to the fore which was unfamiliar to me but who seemed to have had a very widespread sphere of influence including Giacometti, Rothko, Miro and Calder.
His name was Stanley William Hayter (1901 -1988) and he spent a good deal of his working life in Paris where he established a very powerful studio - Atelier 17 -  being involved heavily with the Surrealist movement. Once again one is forced to reassess in ones own mind the concept of print.
Just look:


 Cinq Personnages -1946
Ophelia -1936

  Allegro



Tomorrow I will return to printers who were influenced by Hayter and again were artists with whom I was not familiar.


But we can not close without

Public Print









No comments:

Post a Comment