Patricia Green

Monday 21 January 2013

Ink - stained pipes

I said last night I would do more sketches on the train this morning ........ and I did.

Have to stop this  -beginning to sound rather pretentious!!?!

Anyway here they are and I was glad I did them because I ultimately used one of them for the block as you will see:


 
 
 I decided to work with this one on the premise that the cuts would be fairly stark. A number of proofs and further cuts were required to get the image to where I wanted it to be and then a second block was made for the under layer of grey. The proofs will go into my sketch-book to show the process in action. I show her the blocks (poor photo -I'll try for a better one tomorrow ):
 
 
I will put in a picture of the final print as it now is but I have to say I'm not that pleased with it as I think the grey was too dark so I am going in first thing tomorrow to mix a light grey and I will see if that is an improvement:
 
 
 
Again I will try to get improved pics under better light conditions. 
 
 
Alright: as Canned Heat would say - On the Road Again
 
with
 
Public Print
 
 
You say you can't remember where we are at  - you must keep up, you know.
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment