Patricia Green

Tuesday 15 January 2013

Back the path a litlle

I would just like to go back a little to the hols because there were a couple of other visits I made that I think are worthy of mention.

You may remember my little puzzle regarding images I picked up; well I also off-handedly mentioned Temple Bar Gallery. There was an exhibition there showing some fairly cutting-edge work from a variety of Irish, UK and continental artists with a distinctly Teutonic tone....it seemed to me:


Ryan McClelland, A New Morning, 2012, relief print on Japanese Paper, 4 panels each 90 x 165cm

Mark Pearson, Knack Kraft, 2007, Mixed Media
Mark Bilj, Threat, 2012, installation, mixed media
Temple Bar also has studios for artists
 
From there I went to Graphic Studios where I saw their Winter Print show which was really impressive, but unfortunately could not get any pictures and the best I can do is to show their invite:
 
 
 
 
Once again, as in Copper House I was amazed at the range of material covered by the term 'Print'.
 
I should mention that one of the artists exhibiting was Suzannah O'Reilly ...of this parish.
 
The last visit I will cover was more local - LCGA - where there were two exhibtions:
 
  
 
 
 
These are in descending order, increasing magnifications of 'Octopus' 2012 and show this arists technique using squares of image.  One is reminded somewhat of a latter-day Pointillist in more geometric mode.
 
 
The other show is cslled 'Into the Light : the Arts Council - 60 years of Supporting the Arts'
and has been runing throughout the country. For me it was a real trip to the past as I knew so many of thse pictures from their first airing (As Paul Simon would say  .... 'Old' ):
 
 
 
 
Cecil King - Night Image(detail) - 1964
 
 
 Roy Johnston -16 Rotating Forms -1975
 
 John Devlin - The Administration of Justice -1971
 
 
 
 
Robert Ballagh -Sheridan le Fanu -1976
 
Robert Ballagh - Blade - 1967
 
 
Wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment