Patricia Green

Thursday 24 January 2013

the end of the print path............. for now?

Today I worked on something completely different.

When I was in Vancouver a few years ago I found this amazing art shop close to their art school  on Granville Island and there I was able to buy something I had been hunting for some time - powdered graphite. Since then I have used it in various ways, but its something you have to be careful with for the merest hint will stain everything within range,
Anyway, on the basis of  Kieran's lecture yesterday. I decided to try glueing it to an acetate plate and working it in various ways.
Here is the plate in prep:


Or rather, I should say one of the plates because I was quite pleased after some initial doubt. Later in the day I put in some monoprint colour which I felt was quite effective. Here is the other plate in progress:
 
  
 
 
 
It took quite a bit of work to get the desk in order, but here it is ready for the assessment:
 
 
 
Actually, now that I look at this, the afore-mentioned prints are very presentable here .
 
 
It just keeps coming:
 
 
Public Print
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment