Patricia Green

Monday 12 November 2012

White path, Black ground

I'll explain the title in a minute



Where animation is going -to be continued



I promised to return promptly and here I am.
Print engaged my mind last Monday and Tuesday when Des MacMahon gave a lecture on the former and on the latter I attended a dem in print workshop, both of which I really enjoyed
Here is a monoprint which he produced during the dem and I must say I would really like to be able to do something like this -tomorrow morning print workshop -I have a woodcut ready and an image I would like to try out as a monoprint.Will keep you up to scratch as to the scratchings.








This was where the monoprint was in progress.

The print shop is a wondrous place where everything is kept so clean (of necessity) and everything has a place and is returned to it when not in use.

One has to live up to a place like that.











Other interesting things happened last week.  I had a very stimulating visit from one of my tutors Mary Nagle -and she once again steered me in a slightly different direction, some of the product you see at top of this post. I will be pursuing this further and I now have a thought to use stop motion introducing objects or figures into the 'landscape' of the cast.
 
At the end of the week I got an invitation to speak to the Level 5 class in Colaiste Mhuire in Thurles where I had a great year  with PJ O'Connell as my teacher. There were about eight students present, most of whom want to go to art school and so I told them that there are other schools in Ireland (or so I am told) but they needn't really think any further than LSAD. Seriously though ( I WAS being serious) I told them that thay would get so much out of their time here, but that they had to put in to get back.
....Perhaps  a bit pretentious, but true.
 
I was very priveleged to be asked.

No comments:

Post a Comment