Patricia Green

Wednesday 21 November 2012

Quicksand

I wrote that title during the afternoon and then got called away - it looks a bit pretentious at this time of night but sometimes one is just at a bit of a loose end and a shallow low sweeps in from the Atlantic.

Well, thankfully the barometer has risen again and thanks in no small measure to a fascinating dip into colour as a vital component of making art. Dr Brancaleone warmed the coolest of blues and once again one of my longest favourites figured strongly with 'The Portrait of a Bridal Pair' -a picture of deeply felt affection. There has never been anyone better than Rembrandt at evoking human feeling -in portraits of himself or others. I have loved his work as long as I can remember consciously looking at paintings.

It's late and I'm tired; I hope to do more print work tomorrow so I will then update on where I am going with that.
Only one thing left today:
 
The Spot Diary
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment