Patricia Green

Thursday 22 November 2012

The path firms up once more

So, I hope we are going to New York??!!  C'mon lads, those who said they wanted to go - it'll be a great trip!

More printwork this morning - the beginnings of a monoprint -a bit ham-fisted I would have to say but we have to start somewhere and when I get a bit farther on with them I will put up some pictures.

Meanwhile here are some of what I was doing before with the woodblock print and some proofs of the second cut.

Second Cut












Original by Ralston Crawford
                                                                                                                            Second cut proof


A while back, I was at an exhibition in the Gkucksman in Cork and I saw this woodcut which I really liked:

 
and the artist............Josef Albers  - rather different than most of the rest of what was on view (Terrific!)


 
Self-portrait -MaxPechstein 1906
 
I really do love the uncompromising harshness - and, yes - edge of monchrome wood or lino cuts -
hopefully,eventually I can approach this.
Was only able to see part of Mark Harris' lecture -was  surprising and I felt a little roe-tinted in the view of the counter-culture. It wasnt always great for the kids of the people in the communes, I think.
I also feel he ought to have mentioned Aldous Huxleys book on psychotropic drugs - 'The Doors of Perception and Heaven and Hell' -  even though it was originally published in 1954 and was about mescalin.
 
Ok -  its time:
 
The Spot Diary
 



No comments:

Post a Comment