Patricia Green

Tuesday 13 November 2012

The Path by Daylight

Here I am at my desk - Is there a measure of control beginning to appear here?  No, it wouldnt do to get too excited.........but anyway, I was at my first print wo/shop this morningand it totally lived ip to expectation:



 


 
So here are a few shots of the process of multi-block woodblock printing - while they do not relate directly to the present stage of my edge project, they do hark back to the beginning (the 3D mouth) and to my constant feeling that simply looking is not enough; seeing and talking about what you see is important.
I know that probably sounds a bit pretentious, but I do feel quite strongly about this.
Tomorrow I will put in a photo of the final print.
 
Last Friday, we had a group crit with Grainne Smith-Higgins and in the course of the morning she mentioned an artist called Pae White with whom I was not familiar, that is until I saw her work and I realised I had come across it several times before
 
Chapter 1

Chocolate Mint
 
I remember when I saw this work the first time I thought of Danaë

and the Shower of Gold
 
Watch this space for more noisy animation!

No comments:

Post a Comment