Patricia Green

Friday 23 November 2012

Peripatetic Path

I'll explain it to you another time.

The weeks fly by - Iwas reading back over my small note/sketchbook on the train yesterday and I saw where I had written  ' imagine: three weeks gone already' ; I couldnt resist an entry after Rodchenko's poster:

 
 
 
 
Ok,Ok, I know its a bit crummy, but it was just an off-the-cuff idea on the train.

Fair enough - lets have the real thing:

Alexander Rodchenko - Poster 1919
 
As I say, time is really movinmg and this morning we had crit with Sylvia Shortall and when one has to stand and speak for one's work it is testing; it forces you to crystallise ideas and to attempt to put some order on teeming chaotic thoughts. It is intimidating but good for the self-discipline and it is noticeable how everybody is getting better at speaking as they feel their way into their projects.
The tutor's ability to find references for almost any work and to produce an artist relevant to specific students was encyclopaedic and I will be working all next week to look up many who were not familiar to me.
Following the crit, apart from the animations which have some way to go, I have a idea for a 3D piece the carcase of which I have made since I came home today. It won't be very big but it will combine  the basic concept of edge with one or two other ideas. I won't expand on this until I see how it develops.
 
 
I am now working on a essay assessing Ingres 'Turkish Bath' and Picasso's 'Demoiselles d'Avignon' so probably no more this weekend,
 
but, of course..........
 
The Spot Diary

No comments:

Post a Comment