Patricia Green

Monday 19 November 2012

The path feels like glue

That title is accurate -today, anyway -but I will survive  -  mar a deireann an amhrán!

That business of coincidence recurred this morning. On the train in to Limerick I have been reading a book by John Berger called 'About Looking' (1980)

Great visage
  - a collection of his articles -  when I came across one simply titled  'Paul Strand'. This really is surprising because up to a few weeks ago I hadn't heard of Paul Strand and you may have noted my recent interest in the Precisionists of whom he was one and only a couple of days ago I posted one of his films.
I am beginning to wonder if Arthur Koestler knew something.

Mary Nagle gave us an introduction to typography today and one particular area of mention struck a chord - metal and other things on the ground. On my way to the station this pm I was not in such a rush so I picked up on a few interesting visuals:




The Spot Diary:



No comments:

Post a Comment