Patricia Green

Thursday 1 November 2012

More like a river than a path

So much for the wonderful rail journey of early morning in the frost and cold sunshine; for the second time in a week, no train at 7.35, but no bus either, at least not immediately.....and I wasn't waiting.
So, into the car, parking fee lost and off to school. At least there was very little traffic because other schools still on half-term.

Loads of work done in research on material for CCS essay question - Caravaggio and Rembrandt with a taste of Velasquez -more about that later, but just a hint:


 
 
Colour is poor in this.
 
 
More CCS in the afternoon - and interesting discussion on the motivation of Ingres in his nude paintings, and on a rather more prosaic note I learnt how to comb-bind paper courtesy of those wonderful people in the library!
 
I mentioned the work I did with acetates before. Here a some of the pieces I produced with acetates and overlays:



Its probably a bit presumptuous, but some of them reminded me of Rothko

1 comment:

  1. Hi Frank , liked the acetaes, don't become an abstract expressionist though, they all came to sticky ends, except Barnet Newman (I think)!

    ReplyDelete