Patricia Green

Sunday 25 November 2012

At Rest .....

Well........after a fashion.
 
 
 
 
 
A large part of the weekend has been taken up with the above, but while it is quite labour-intensive it is also a lot of fun doing something so new - to me, that is.

You might note that I mentioned Norman McLaren - well thank you for the name but I probably spent too much time looking at his work. I have no intention of putting in his 'Dots' because it would become too apparent how primitive my own effort is but  one short  shows how he worked with film and I presume the same would have applied to Len Lye:

 
Ps.Once again the videos while loading here did not show up in the published version so I have added the links.
 
 
Another small achievement was to discover a programme which has allowed me to scan my own books directly to the computer so I have managed to pick up on a few of those names from Friday morning which showed up in the Taschen Art Now series (Vols 1, 2, and 3): and I must say there were a couple of artists I loved because of their approach: Tomma Abets ( b. 1967) with her terrific combinations of acrylic and oil to produce those descendants of Kelly, Newman and Stella:
 
 
Keke -2006
 
 
Weet -2006
 
Another was Thomas Demand (b. 1964 ) whose photographed set-ups are quite eerie:
 
 
Above: Gate ; Below : Kitchen   - both from 2004
Apologies for quality of reproduction, but at worst they give an indication of the artists work; the scanner is rather basic as is my technique in using it - hopefuly, the latter at least will improve.
 
So to another week.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment