Patricia Green

Thursday 29 November 2012

Right angle bend in the path.

Well there you are - it has happened again.
The tutorial system in LSAD Year 1 definitely works because once more I was inflicting a certain amount of darkness on my self regarding where I was with my project -seemed to be running into the sand a little and thinking had got blurred.
Thereupon my tutor Mary Nagle appeared and we had a long look at the present state of my animations and it was felt that I needed to vary them somewhat and a few ideas were suggested which will be pursued.
However as she was looking at the set of images I am at the moment using to make a monoprint the idea was put forward that I might build this exactly as it is...........but big.




Monday morning!

...........progress will be documented.

I should have reported that on Tuesday I was with Elaine Riordan for a 3D on paper manipulation and the first steps were taken in building Smithwicks Brewery:

 
(In passing, Mary Nagle was very interested in the fact that an image like this could be acquired from a phone camera -in my case an iPhone 3  - the same instrument that has been used for most of my pictures).
Yes this is the self-same brewery in Kilkenny picture taken unfortunately after I had begun to work on my print using Ralston Crawfords painting of Maitland Bridge  no 2;

 
The procedure of building this with paper could prove challenging and already a bottle of detergent at home has lost its nicely domed cap to art. Elaine also kindly loaned me a little book on paper in architectural design -I had to find out what a 'spline curve'  was and no I cant explain it  - far too mathematical  -but beautiful works in the book. I don't know how much of a maker I am but I would love to be able to do these.
 
First I have to master plaiting straws!
 
OK its time
 
The Spot Diary
 

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment