Patricia Green

Sunday 11 November 2012

Too many paths

Deep levels of contrition should be felt and expressed for abject failure to post considering the amazing things that have been happening during the last week...........however, I plead extenuating circumstances,m'lud.
What? ...you say?
Well, overstimulation, m'lud

Get on with it.

Really what has been occupying my 'down time' for the last week has been the first CCS essay assignment and strictly speaking I have done enough of thse that I shouldn't be moaning -but it's never like that. A new subject, a new essay, different areas of research, different methods of referencing...anyway, this evening I have finished it and submitted it to Turnitin -again something new to me -so I will just have to sit back and keep my fingers crossed... will update on that later.

 Two of the best things that happened during the week were  kind invitations from Kieran Whitelaw and Elaine Riordan to attend a lecture and workshop/demo from ceramicist extraordinaire Ken Eastman.

Voyez:


 
The Man


The Work...or some of it
His lecture was wonderful and the theatre was wedged: I felt priveleged as a lowly first year to be here where people had come from far and wide to  see him.                                                                          
In the afternoon, I went to the workshop/dem and his performance with slab clay was just wonderful.
When he stood the slab up for the first time there was a collective holding of breath...........but of course he knew,didn't he, that it would work: and how it worked.
It was like a Pauline conversion to me,or indeed another one! I never knew you could do that sort of thing with clay.
Oh,the future!
 
Fatigue sets in and I have to pack up for tomorrow so I'll talk about Print. the other piece of excitement, next post.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment