Patricia Green

Tuesday 7 May 2013

Tranquillo

Es muy tranquillo en el collegio hoy!

Everybody was quietly working away on their contextual and some drawing was being done in the studio - ie the workshop was out of action today and I thought Derek would have a heart attack when I appeared in there until I assured him it was only to take pictures of Friday's work.........' that's all right then....maybe '   ...... I jest, because few have given me more help - thanks Derek.

Lets go back a bit; I don't think I mentioned that when I left on Friday I did my usual tour, stopping first at Raggle - Taggle where the last event was taking place - a 24 - hour Drawing marathon in aid of mental health services.

Met a number of friends, some who had been in Thurles at last 24- hour event

Kate was being very industrious:
 
But enjoying it all as she always does!
 
 
 
Anyway, I went on from there to visit an artist who has recently moved to Limerick and is now working out of Wickham St. studios which I had never known of. Will O'Kane is his name and I hope we will be seeing some of his work around Limerick soon.
 
The second last stage of my perambulation was through the Milk Market - never been there before: great fudge (work of the devil!!) - and on down through the fascinating street market which was there for the Bank holiday weekend
 
Finally I dropped in to the Hunt to see the Second Year Paint show and I was very impressed - here no less than in any of the other shows the boundaries are becoming blurred.
 
OK - some pictures of what is happening to the tooth:
 
 
colours

 
personality disorder
 
 
Fascist teeth continue their march.
 
 
On Saturday I was in Carlow again and we had lunch in the Visual and normally there would not be pictures of flowers here but the background being so monochrome these really made an impact:
 
 
They were some type of succulent.- I wouldn't be great at identifying flowers or plants in general.
 
 I mentioned before that I was working my way through  a list of artists and this morning I entered some of them in my contextual notebook but one book I came across as a very recent arrival in the library, deserves mention:
 
 
This is a book I will be returning to and to other areas of his work which are recorded in ' Books + Multiples' - It is terrific stuff.
 
And the last
 
Public Print
 
 
maybe some public words, later
 

 
 

1 comment: