Patricia Green

Monday 13 May 2013

Primroses are in bloom once more

I was amused to find that when I entered 'the path of idleness' in G----e one of my blog entries from last year appeared! - welcome to technotopia.

As I say there are lots of primroses real and assumed and I am sitting at home of a Monday afternoon  - OK I have an assessment tomorrow and a clearout on Thursday but essentially the first year is over  - shock......at the speed of it all.

However, this will continue, hopefully recording much art-related activity and maybe some other stuff ( I am reliably informed by several people close to me that there is another life out there... but I'm not too sure)

After that last entry from the library I went on a tour and took quite a number of pics of various First Year studios- the array, breadth and depth of work on show is a astonishing.
 
 



 
Kathy Scanlan


 
Theses are all from the new lens -based discipline and are all after well-known paintings. Unfortunately, I do not have the names of all the students involved and I will only label those of which I am sure.
 
 
 
 





 
These two are of Barry LeMasneys work

 
 
 
All above are from Ceramics - the last being from the previous year but looked so interesting  populating the window-sill.
 
 
 



 
From Visual Communication ... and there was much more that was more obviously graphic.
 
 


 
Joanne McCarthy
 

 
These two from Sophie Gough



The Sculpture Lab  --- at work.


And finally -print -these are from the gallery outside the print workshop


 
Patrick Dundon and Luke Donnelly


Patrick Dundon
 
 
 
 
 
 
 



 
Liam Lewis
 
 

Caroline Hoare, F R, and Shannon Re


 
FR and ..I will get a name!!
 
Last pictures from the studio:
 
 
 
The Stencil
 


 
Landscape - modified



 
The wall is ready for assessment
 
I think that will do for now but tomorrow after assessment I hope to go up to LCGA and see what is going on there - will report.
 
Ps must also report on brief visit to a show in the Shannon Rowing Club.

No comments:

Post a Comment