Patricia Green

Monday 27 May 2013

the touring path

On the road again

                                    (thank you, Canned Heat)

Have been investigating ways of building  my own basic screenprinter but in the meantime commissioned to do more basic carpentry -  putting up shelves in my daughter's house in Rathfarnam - she is far more impressed with that than with my printwork!
However, the plus was a visit to Marlay Park this morning..................................................................

Ok, nine hours of sleep seems to have improved matters somewhat! I just stopped last night and could not write any more - everything seemed to have evaporated; no enthusiasm - very unusual for me.

Anyway it is a bright, but cold, Sunday morning out there now and I am hopefully alive, alert, awake, enthusiastic !

...........I was in Marlay Park where there were people doing all sorts; running, choir practise, selling books art and food and just walking with their children - as were we.
My daughter took us to a part of the park where there is an enclosed garden and these are some of what we saw:

[Before I put up these pics I have to admit that it is now Monday evening  -  this post is certainly the slowest to finish - what happened was that just as I was about to upload the pictures the net connection folded - anyway I am home again and once more have a lot to catch up on so lets go first with these images from Marlay Park]




A great swathe of decids

 
He was very considerate in showing us both sides



Arrogance personified

 
On dirait la France
 
 
 
 
Where would you be going trying to compete with this stuff when it comes to art - you mustn't even try: you must produce what is you.
 

My daughter told me about a sculpture exhibition she had heard about on the Lyons Estate near Celbridge so that was where we headed next. This is a rather smooth hotel and restaurant complex on the estate beside the Royal Canal:
 
 
 

 
The exhibition was mounted by Solomon Galleries and was very extensive featuring many well-known  Irish artists. I will put up a range of pictures I took there including some maquettes for larger works:










 
 

 
 
 








 
 So as you can see an amazing array for a gallery show.
 
 
I will just add a little more local art to finish and I will be back tomorrow to tell of a very interesting visit to Limerick today  -  I just can't stay away!
 
 
 
 
 


 
:


No comments:

Post a Comment