Patricia Green

Wednesday 5 February 2014

The Stone Path

Time to get back to the workshop so I decided to select a stone and prepare for a lithograph.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm - shoulda taken Pam's advice and used that nice square stone but oh no - I wanted the big rectangular one.

Ok you pay for your pride - there was a hollow in the middle where the last person had only cleared off the image...... but not out to the edge.

twenty eight goes of  no.1 carborundum and two and a half hours later it was moderately good and will suffice for the first litho I plan to make

This will be the starting image from which I have almost finished first drawing:

 
 
Here is another sketch I have done in preparation for the project:
 
 
 
A few odds and ends - here are some pictures and whoever guesses their origin can claim an unspecified prize:
 



 
Answers later in the week
 
Finally, you know my interest in collage  - well maybe one doesn't even need to make them - this unfortunate man was snapped on C4 News the other night:
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment