Patricia Green

Thursday 20 February 2014

Stoned again

Unfortunately, the prints produced from the last stone were not up to the standard of the proofs as I succumbed to the neophyte's complaint  - impatience : too much ink, too fast; there were one or two reasonable prints there but instead of cleaning off the stone and rolling it up so that I could try it again - I left the printing ink on it and gummed it.

Total sacrilege!  Despite hopeless efforts to remove the ink there was no other course than to regrain the stone and start with another image which I first-etched today:

 
This is the photo and the sketch

 
This is the stone  drawn - it is a lighter image than the last one so lets see if we can treat it a bit more gently in the inking process.
 
Other things:
 

 
 
I haven't relinquished collage and this was one I carried out at home with a series of imaged concerning Lucian Freud whose panting I like but whose treatment of his lovers and daughters leaves something to be desired; I think with my next piece I will return to raw meat a bit more and worms, maybe.
 
Meanwhile work is being done on more of the Façade Edge images preparatory to further exploration:
 
 
These have been put through Threshold on P/S to provide greater contrast for sugar lift or bitumen onto plates through screenprint
 
 
An update on the wall:
 
.


The artists' books projects have not gone away and I will update on progress in a while.
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment