Patricia Green

Thursday 13 February 2014

Cobblestones

Time to get up to scratch again:

 
Looks dramatic but its only a spillage -however during this week it would probably been an accurate image of my mood; all that resulted from severe knee damage on Sunday which left your correspondent on crutches for a few days but it turned out not to be as serious as initially thought - only a chunk of cartilage in the joint - sore but with a little rest (this weekend) should be back on the train.

Did get in by car to continue work on the stone:


 
This morning having completed first etch proceeded to roll-up and proof:
 
 
 
 Card Proof
 
 
 
Leg was getting sore so decided to leave printing till Monday.
 
Yesterday was the day of the ferocious storm -trees down, power loss, roofs off and while all this was going on we were in at a workshop on sugarlift and bitumen methods of etched print-making, and it is evidence of how interested we were that we barely noticed the storm -just that it was a bit windy.. These two techniques are a really fascinating way of making prints and I will certainly be using one or other fairly soon - probably sugarlift.
Here are some pictures:
 
 
sugared image on aquatinted plate

 
Print
 
Plate after bitumen removed and aquatinted plate etched

print
 
 
The collection
 
 
Some people put sugar mixture on a plate - won't go any farther I think
 
On the way home stopped to snap a couple of post-apocalyptic images:
 
 

 
After the storm
 
 
I talked a lot a week ago about the artists' book course so here is one I made as a result:
 

 
 
Not perfect by any means but its a start - not must decide on contents.
 
I am glad I have got to making a print again even though it is only a proof but I feel like this project now has legs.
 
I have been looking at a lot of books on collage recently so over the weekend I will put up some of the images I have collected.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment