Patricia Green

Saturday 1 February 2014

finding the path

OK ....this has been a very long gap - I would say one of the longest since I began this path (in passing I should perhaps mention that there is another path record being made at the moment -on paper  : I wont mention it again till it is finished ).

Lots of reasons for this gap not least a bout of 'flu (or should that be man-flu?) which made one disinclined to do serious work.

I gave a fair bit of thought to the upcoming Self-Initiated Brief and talked to various people about what I planned; I had got a pretty good handle on what I wanted to achieve  with this project and on my way in last Monday morning roughed out a plan for how I would use what seemed to be a fair amount of time to produce something that  - in retrospect  -was rather grandiose.

Anyway, best laid.... and all that sort of thing.

Monday proved to be the first day CCS 1 (with David B) and CCS 2 -'Narrative' ( Kieran C) ;  Tuesday though,was the first real day because we got our timetable for the semester, and I realised that my earlier plan was totally out the door  -time-wise, but in fact the original base still stands and the proposal went in yesterday on time. There are a lot of elements I was not expecting such as further digital work and a video project with Martin Healy.

I hope my tutor  - Breda Lynch  - is happy with the idea. Anyway I got home yesterday in time to take some initial shots in and around Thurles Shopping Centre and drove up today (despite weather ) to Newbridge to reprise original pictures in and around Whitewater  - also did a few initial sketches.

I will put up some of these without any comment as these will be just initial raw material









Strange - this should be a dud but I don't think it will be
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment