Patricia Green

Friday 7 February 2014

Stony Path

Hilarious, the exaggerated expectations of what one thinks one might do in a given time.

yesterday I got the litho stone bordered and figured I would have it drawn up and perhaps first etch last evening or certainly by today....... everything takes a lot longer than one anticipates.

Here is what I did yesterday:

 
This was the drawing from the picture -reversed
 
 

Here is the stone with the drawing prepared in red chalk

Today I almost had the stone finished but I had to leave and never got a pic - will dive into it on Monday


Here are some pictures of the books made in the bookbinding workshop:






They are all a bit on the scruffy side  because we were working in rather messy conditions and anyway all those covers would be further covered. I will have to practice again as like most things you need to do them a few times before the practice is ingrained.

And finally compliments to the third year painters who put on a rather tasty cake sale with this picturesque apple pie:

 
Now I hasten to add that sculptors cakes were equally tasty - just didn't see their pie before it was cut!!!
 
Any body guess the pictures the other day - maybe you would have had the be a lithographer
 
These were the patterns made by the carborundum on the levigator and on the stone


No comments:

Post a Comment