Patricia Green

Thursday 13 December 2012

the path becomes a meander


Well I arrived in this morning and the first thing I did was to check the new hanging in the corridor. The small woodcuts had fallen and were replaced but I would have to say that the reception has been much more favourable. In many ways more importantly, I like it much more myself. As Sylvia Shortall said, it fits far better with the body of my work.
Then I returned to the studio to a beautiful clean white wall and set to work selecting, rejecting, masking-taping and hanging. After approval from Sylvia as to the direction I was taking (less is more), I began to seriously tidy up margins on all work and I used double-sided tape to hang. Here is the result:


 
Printwork on the left, images of multiples which went to make up the animations in front and 3D on the table. The laptop will be there with blog and animations.
 
This all took rather longer than expected, not helped by cutting my finger due to carelessness (thankfully no spillages on prints!!) and thank you to Sean for Elastoplast (and stories about Young Munsters!).
Then I went for a tour around the other studios and it was marvellous to see the positive volcano of creativity everywhere. I even got a compliment on the Spot Diary.
What a wonderful place is LSAD.
My last visit today was to the gallery where there is now an exhibition by Nuala O'Sullivan who I am led to believe is an alumnus of this college. I hope she wont mind me putting one of her pictures up here but I really did like them.
 
 
Unfortunately, I do not have title or date but if I can find this info later I will amend.
 
 
Guess what
 
The Spot Diary
 
 

 
 
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment