Patricia Green

Monday 10 December 2012

A narrow alley with high walls

Last week of term -extraordinary! When we sat in the church during orientation week and were told that there were fifteen weeks ahead .....................all gone.

Lots of work this week.
Finished and hung the painted version of what has come to be the central image:



 
I would be a liar and a hypocrite if I did not admit that I was pleased to see it on the wall - in truth, whenever I see a piece of my work in a public space I am delighted and I don't think that will ever change, because it wouldn't be there if I was unhappy with it.
The various stages in its making are recorded in my sketch book in photos.
 
I also have taken my reduction print to its ultimate stge today:
 
 
and finally
 
 
- not much left.
 
Tomorrow, hopefully the final print will be done, and also the monoprint should be completed, thus giving another version of the central image.
When that is done I will put up a picture of the proofs of the different stages of the print. I look forward to doing more work in the print shop in the next semester.
 
I have been reading John Bergers 'About Looking' during my train journeys and that has brought me back to the library on a number of occasions to look at artists he discusses. During the holidays, I hope to write a little on this subject and to do some visiting which I will record.
 
But for now
 
The Spot Diary
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment