Patricia Green

Friday 21 December 2012

sauntering

Who ever thought that nature had good taste:








Sunset over Liscahill 18/12/2012 -  I know, I know it's clicheed hackneyed et al and definitely not 'less is more' ....... but it was still pretty impressive; these were not taken with the phone!

Here I would like to indulge one of my favourite conceits and that is to proclaim that today -Dec 21 - is in fact ( or should be ) New Years Eve. Alright, the reasoning here is that today is of course the Winter Solstice or shortest day of the year; ergo, tomorrow the days once more begin to lengthen, hence we proceed into a new year.
The other so-called new year is simply a societal convention and should be disposed of forthwith; so tonight I make my perennial new years resolution ie to enjoy myself even more in the coming year.

In the meantime here is my Christmas card to all (!!?!) my readers solely in deference to those who claim this time as a christian holiday:


Star of Wonder:

 
 
and  of course:
 
 


 
A certain amount of humility and withdrawal from the material might help everyone
 
 
Enjoy.



No comments:

Post a Comment