Patricia Green

Wednesday 5 December 2012

Pure asphalt

Great days work which ran very smoothly (should I be worried?) -I know it sounds desperately nerdy, but writing a to-do list on the morning train really is the business.
I came in this morning with quite a long queue of bits and pieces but worked on them steadily throughout the day and honestly, if I hadn't done the list there were certain smaller ones that would have been forgotten.
At this stage there are a number of projects that are beginning to come to fruition and I hope that by January if they are not fully finished at least they may be in a presentable state. Some are more successful than others but that's the nature of the beast. Probably more importantly, there are some I am happier with than others.
I am working on the large development of the wall piece and I intend to put the work in progress photos in my sketch-book but will wait for the finish to show it here.

The other small project I have undertaken having seen the idea at Mary Nagles typography lecture was the collection  of an alphabet of what I have chosen to call Public Print. It's not complete yet, but here are a few 'letters':



 
Some are a bit gnomic but I think you can work them out
 
And for last item on the to-do list..
 
The Spot Diary
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment