Patricia Green

Friday 3 January 2014

The Path warms up once more

Well here we are almost ready to recommence. Its only been three weeks but so much has happened that it seems a deal longer and I feel I need to get back into the atmosphere of school again.
 I have begun a new project with a similar name to this and when it is somewhat more developed I will expatitiate on it.

In the meantime, you remember all those books I metioned  at the end of last semester: well I have done a good bit of work with them and here are some pics from them.

From The Sound I Saw


Art Blakey

Miles Davis


Elvin Jones
 
Teriffic b/w images from the jazz scene and around in 50s & 60s New York
 
From Cut with the Kitchen Knfe  - Hannah Hoch :
 
 
Deutsches Madchen  - photomontage 1930
 

 
Marlene - photomontage - 1930

 
Equilibrium - photomontage - 1930

 
Indische Tanzierin - photomontage - 1925
 
From John Heartfield :
 
 
Rationalisation is on the March   -  photomontage - 1927
 
 
"Choir of the Arms Industry: 'A Miighty Fortress is Our Geneva'"  - photomontage -1934
 
 
From: Dispatches from an Unofficial War Artist - Peter Kennard
 
 Some more from this book together with a painting I did a while back before I ever saw these:
 
Defended to Death - photomontage -1983

Newspaper 8 /1994 - charcoal, carbon toner, and pastel on newspaper

 
Recession - oil on canvas - 2010 ( FR)
 
The last two seem to be related to similar economic situations at different times
 
The other book I went into was the Laura Mulvey one on film ,and particularly her essay 'Visual Pleasure and  the Narrative Cinema'. There is a lot more reading in this book.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment