Patricia Green

Wednesday 1 January 2014

So it goes....

Its been a few days and a cynic might even express relief that all the hype is over and that real life can recommence.......your correspondent would never say anything like that of course. ..

What we are at here is art, n'est ce pas?

Images are therefore important so here are some images to chew over for a bit:


 

  
 
OK? feasted your eyes?
 
Well the first two originate here:
 
 
A dead whale on Keele Beach in Achill two days ago;
the second two are from sculptures by Berlinde de Bruyckere from the book I mentioned earlier.
 
Here are another couple of comparisons: 

 
 
 I will leave you to figure out which is which

Meanwhile here are a few more from the whale:





 
The interesting thing here is that the colours on the side of the whale are completely accurate -no enhancement whatsoever - poor sad undignified animal.
I have quite a few more which are strange but I won't put them up for now as I intend to use them as image sources in the future.
 
As I am talking about Achill I will show you some public art work from there:
 

 
Achillhenge - I am afraid it has to stay now, despite lending credibility to a person whose motives are very suspect.
 
Back to Berlinde de Bruyckere's book; it is in fact a record of an event (installation, happening, exhibition called 'Berlinde de Bruyckere in Dialogue with Cranach and Pasolini ' and involves the use of her sculptures, Cranach's paintings and film work by Pasolini and I think a quote from Pasolini that is on the back cover is quite apposite to the whole project:
 
 
The book and the project will require further study because of the joining of different media to reach a conclusion
 

No comments:

Post a Comment