Patricia Green

Sunday 5 January 2014

A Mistep on the path

Time to correct a serious  but perhaps understandable misuse of terminology which is exactly what I was talking about when upbraiding the overuse of artspeak.

I defended the need for technical terms when describing art as opposed to the pretentious use of language designed to exclude those not 'inside the  tent'.

Anyway , I fell prey to the misuse of terms myself - mea culpa, mea culpa (oh, now who is being pretentious) when I described what I was doing as collage.  Well, I suppose it is, but rather more exactly it is in fact photomontage, as it is the manipulation of photo images.

For the present that is what I will continue with, but perhaps other materials my be introduced later. I had already been thinking about patterned wrapping paper and card but we will see. What I am really interested in is how to transmute these ideas into printmaking.


For instance, this
 
What is possible?
 
This, maybe
 
.....or variations

No comments:

Post a Comment