Patricia Green

Monday 6 January 2014

Test path

I have just been favoured with the installation of E-Fibre from Eircom and am testing how fast images upload so I will check back and see what I might have missed

First here a a few more books I acquired through gifts and returns over the last few weeks:

 
This is the book that accompanied the recent eponymous exhibition which was on in the Tate Britain; it got some very good reviews there being a definte reassessment of Lowry's position in British art. It is notable that one of the authors is T.J.Clark whose recent book on Picasso was reviewed by John Banville with the words 'if you read this you will never look at Picasso's paintings the same way again'. He (Clark)  is also the author of a book on Manet with the same title ie The Painting of Modern Life which is really worth reading for its close analysis of that period (fin-de-siècle) and Manet's work.

This is a small but beautifully illustrated book on Kiefer whose work is exerting a steadily growing influence on my thinking.



I picked this up on my visit to IMMA on the foot of reading one of Danto's essays as recommended by Kieran Cashell
 
 
This is of course in the library, but I spotted it at less than half-price in my favourite remainder bookshop and I had my rucksack so how could I resist......
 

Let's just nip back to Keele Strand in Achill and visit another small denizen who was spotted by the whale-watchers
 

Who he?


A slightly picturesque view of the beach:


Believe - that's true colour - no editing

Finally, it was said to me that this had a beautiful pour so this one is for you, Barry



Ps E-~Fibre is extraordinary - about ten times the speed of upload



No comments:

Post a Comment