Patricia Green

Sunday 12 January 2014

The Monochrome Path

One of last semesters projects was to produce six black and white (b/w) A4 prints from shooting through development to printing in the darkroom. I was very taken with this and did a series in people drinking coffee - people I knew and people in the street.

Anyway Boots were selling off b/w film cheaply so I invested, only to discover that there are serious differences  between b/w films and what I had got required a 'colour process' (b/w??) and that I could not use this in the school photo lab.

However I proceeded with the latest roll and got some interesting shots. Here is a selection bearing in mind that thee have been scanned in from  6x4 prints so apologies for the quality of some:


 
 
This is an enigma for the viewer

 
again, the familiar made unfamiliar

 
 this one should have gone in with the coffee drinkers
 
post recession Ireland  -this is the other side of the gloss -the view from the car park of the Whitewater Shopping Centre in Newbridge

 
IMMA

 
Homage a Brancusi

 
LJ

 
the glass coffins of HSQ


 
Both of HSQ


Untitled



Another interesting thing that I learnt when buying some film from Bob is that this film - CN - is very good for scanning from negatives so I am going to try that out too .

Meanwhile another roll has started and these will be for my development - ambiguous!!??

By the way here are the two different films:


No comments:

Post a Comment