Patricia Green

Tuesday 22 October 2013

The Path of Ice

Okay, once more it's a bit esoteric but just think about it for awhile or even sit down and rest for a bit.

Frieze London.

This is what it was all about and originally there was only this but now Frieze Masters has become a very serious competitor, even in a number of peoples vows overtaking the former. For example, last year FL had 140 stands and this year 120. The reverse is true of FM. I'll say what I think later.

There are a lot of picture's but I will put them all up and maybe edit them....or maybe not:


Mea Culpa - I have to apologise in advance for the serious lack of names - the only excuse I have is one of overwhelm-ment - I started taking pictures before I got my note-taking properly organised - promise to do better next time








 
Somnath Hore - wood engravings



 
 
The following four are from Kerlin Gallery, Dublin  and area site-specific piece from Sam Keogh and Joseph Noonan-Ganley  - you should see what they have done with the inside of Kerlin itself






Detail of below






 
Terrific drawing

 
Lisa Yuksavage - of course

 
Very like some prints I saw at Multiplied
 
You hardly need any caption here but note how the valuable property is being protected
 
 


 
.... also note how people are afraid to walk onto the stand; I think they might choke on the reek of disposable



Lots of reflecting surfaces all with different agendas - I will make one collection of all the mirrors I saw.

 
what to say about Julian Schnabel




 
Takashi Murakami - but of course you knew that



 
Elmgreen and Dragset
 
 
 

 
the central area - this place is big .









 
Bjarne Malgard  - Litho


 
 



 
 
Very interesting montages

This was powdered graphite on an overhead projector - I knew I recognised the powder from past experience - below is the projection - very planetary



 

 
 
 This drawing is one of the above
 
 
Thomas Scheibitz - I have mentioned him before

 
I was delighted when I discovered this was by Olafur Eliasson of 'Weather' fame - this was the huge installation that opened the turbine hall in Tate Modern and that I was so fortunate to see

 
More interesting reflections - in all senses of that word -   Doug Aitken

 And you need some bread to enjoy all that art
 
These fairs are big and really this time I wasn't as organised as I should have been - I wasn't systematic enough because when I read some of the reviews I realised that there was stuff I had missed - I hope I get another chance.
 I will say a bit more when I come to FM.

No comments:

Post a Comment