Patricia Green

Saturday 26 October 2013

The Climate-changeingly-warmed weekend path

Right  -as promised - a survey of some recent work, but first a portrait of your intrepid blogger being forced to shop in TK Maxx:

To more serious stuff;

In the studio on Friday morning I did quite a lot of scraping having spent the day before regrounding two plates - several times : its a long sad story and we won't go in to it here but just a warning : pay attention to what you are doing when putting bitumen on the plate and make sure it is the back!!!!

Anyway here are some images of the present state of play:

 
The photo

 
The drawing

 
The plate
 

 This is the first plate which has been considerably  redrawn

Both are waiting for fresh acid and will undergo multiple etches.

Unfortunately I failed to photo the first etches but they are reasonable - need to be a bit heavier though.

On Thursday I did some drypoint which will be used together with the first image:



The photo

 
The acetate

 
The print
 
 
 
 
I retained this because it was an accidental image produced when I put the acetate face down on newsprint to clean the back - an unexpected monoprint
 
The other thing I did a good bit of on Friday was the linocut self-portrait; I am not really finished it yet : it needs a lot of care and the light wasn't great where I was working; also I could have done with my magnifiers so I have brought it home to finish over the long weekend:
 

 
I did a bit of studio touring, visiting Sculpture 2 and saw these:
 

 
These come from Shane, I believe, but the bike tubes really chimed for me.



 
....and you know, of course that I am becoming obsessed with mirrors, reflection, self-portrait et al  - they are really all the one, aren't they?
 
not sure whose these are but loved the black feathers
 
In passing here were another couple of mirror images that may produce something later:
 





 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
But preferably side by side
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

While in the workshop we noticed that the staff were watching from outside....

 
....but after a while they got bored and move away.....
 
.....while outside in the corridor the robots were taking over
 
 
When we finished on Friday went for a stroll and paid a second visit to Henry Moore in the Hunt but after much stimulating discussion this was what I noticed:
 
 
 
The fascinating thing about this juxtaposition is that I only then remembered that there is a 
Henry Moore - Francis Bacon  Exhibition taking place in the Ashmolean Museum in Oxford at present; even though they were working at the same time one couldn't imagine them having a lot in common  - the comparison of their work and potential conclusions to be drawn must be rather interesting  - I will see if I can find a review and post it  -watch this space
 
While walking through Limerick I just couldn't resist these
                                                         
 
 

 
Delicate differences of shade
 
Sometimes one feels one should be looking at the stars  .. but the ground can be quite interesting
 
As can a wall:
 


 
 
 
....and a change of headgear to finish:
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment