Patricia Green

Monday 21 October 2013

Standing Still for a little

..or should I say sitting still.
Home again and just reviewing what I wrote last night  - it's accurate enough but it is difficult doing it on the phone so I think what I will do is do one post for each of the venues I visited and put up a fair few pics and give some of my own reaction and stuff I have read in various places.

But first, before I left on Thursday morning I etched my plate giving it three passes through the copper sulphate with varying degrees of blockout. I hope to do the first proof tomorrow in between CCS and setting up for progress review on Tuesday.

Here is where I am:

 
The image - By the way you will see more of those Francis Bacons somewhat later


 
The pencil and ink drawing

 
The etched plate.
 
 
 
Okay, the first and last show I visited was 'Multiplied' at Christies:
 
 
The catalogue
 
 
The site
 
 
Some pictures:
 
McLeans Artist Malts were producing specially designed bottles and boxes and specially designed malt whiskeys

 
This was a unique done on card which was then attached to board and covered with clear acrylic and was about trade unionism in England and came from Slate Projects -a very interesting  cooperative

 I am very interested in anything with mirrors at present.
 

These are from Guy Allott courtesy of Grey Area Multiples, Paris and they are here for Alan Crowley.
 






 
These are from a book called Above and Below  by Alexander Massouras which I bought and they are beautiful etchings on copper.
 
Some more
 

 
This one was amazing and quite big - apologies for the quality of pics -problems with glass reflecting




 
Later on I have a picture of the Shard - quite extraordinary


 
The most beautiful little piece


There are people in print at present who can do this even better.
 
I visited the stand of Stoney Road Press from Dublin and met David O'Donoghue the director and this is what I saw there:
 
 
Michael Canning (of this parish) -whose work also featured in the catalogue- really lovely.
 
When I was there I met a woman called Laura and I have to apologise here because I could not quite get her second name, but she is just completing her MA in LSAD on, I believe, the Art World - something I would like to read. We spoke for some time but she quite emphatically felt that the show should be a must for print students and I couldn't agree more. In fact Frieze week in London is amazing, as, apart from the two Frieze shows which I will get to later this week, there is loads of free stuff on as well and of course the Tates.
 
Anyway, some work to do for review tomorrow so that's all for now.
 
 

 

 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment