Patricia Green

Wednesday 9 October 2013

On the Rails

This is a new departure......literally! I am sitting in Thurles station waiting to go to Limerick and working courtesy of Iarnrod Eireann's free wifi

 
Alright, its Hopper, not Rafter and its sunset not sunrise... but it is a railway.

Anyway, I just thought I would take the opportunity to show a little more of where I had been going with the litho but unfortunately I have not yet photoed the latest development so that will have to wait till a little later, but I can show the most recent edition of the wall:



So the work is at last beginning to bear some fruit.
 
Here are a few interesting images I picked up along the way yesterday as I wasn't in quite such a rush to the station:



 
 
 
This is very weird the wait this highlighting has crept in  - I think I will pull out for a while  to see if this disappears........ sorry about all that!
 
Anyway these were picked up in a shop window and this piece of ground art comes from Westport where I was cycling over the weekend:
 
 
 
This one came from the beach in Keel ( Achill)

 
 
And this from outside a small studio also in Keel

 
 
Our lectures continue to fascinate, particularly Mirrors of Enigma which provides constant thought challenges... did it really happen?
 
Yesterday we had a talk on photography from Martin Healy and when I got home I tested the Depth of Field process with these results:
 

 
Really great - it is such a long time since I used the process I was delighted to be reminded of it
 

No comments:

Post a Comment