Patricia Green

Wednesday 11 September 2013

On the Road Again...

If I had sound on this I would have Canned Heat playing at this point..... thought about Ytube  but the piece was too long.

Anyway, its great to be back;someone said to me last night  " you sound so energised"  -  "that's the LSAD Effect " was my reply.

Straight to business:


 
detail from just below and to left of eye

 
The first day back I was looking at a book in the library called The Printmaking Bible : The Complete Guide to Materials and Techniques by Ann D'Arcy Hughes and Hebe Vernon-Morris ( a terrific book by the way with trouble -shooting lists for every technique described) and I just went to a section that really fascinates me - wood-engraving : this is still a form of woodcut but carried out on end -grain blocks which are much denser and thus more susceptible to very fine cutting  - just look closely at those two pictures - nothing more to be said.
 
We have begun to receive our briefs for immediate work and I find the challenge of dealing with 'Spaces, Structures, and Systems: abstraction and figuration help build new worlds'  really invigorating. I have a few notions flitting around already but I won't enlarge on them here for a bit yet.
 
.....that Ground art has not been forgotten either. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment