Patricia Green

Sunday 8 September 2013

Last Post........

Bit dramatic -sounding, innit?

Anyway, it is the last before term recommences - great! - but when I show you these pics you might say this guy needs to be back at school because some of this stuff is not going v well.

A few days ago I thought I would take some selfies and do a w/c from a stamped version of same:


Then the block:

 
and then the print:
 
 
Now this is about the best?!!??   No matter how I tried - heavy inking, light inking, hand burnishing, putting it through the press (portrait and landscape!)  - I could not get a decent ink coverage.
The only thing I can think of is that I put french polish on the block to protect the drawing while I was cutting - v disappointing  - need a teacher!
 
However, the other thing  I completed was a reduction screenprint using screen block-out to act as a stencil ( ferocious job to clean the screen and I haven't quite finished yet)
Here's the story:
the blocked screen at one of the stages
 
Unfortunately, I  haven't an image of the first screen which was a blue rectangle.





 
 





 
In each case you see a proof of each sceen before addition .
 
For once, I think that the original actually looks better than the photo you see here.
 
How fast almost four months gos=es by , but I would have to say I really enjoyed the summer and am really looking forward to getting to grips with second year and seeing everyone again.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment