Patricia Green

Tuesday 17 September 2013

How Screenprint is done



Alan Crowley who I first met when DeleteEd' s 24- hour print event took place in Thurles, is doing a 2 month residency in the Print department ( or perhaps I should say PCP ) and today he produces his first finished work:


 
 This was the presentation, but it is worth seeing how this was arrived at:
 

 
First the linocut and the master image;
 








 
 
as the different components are added,

 
....to the final  black key image;
 
Here are the colours bottled and labelled for future use:
 
 
The edition:
 
 
 
And now for something completely different:
 
 
Somebody reckoned that this sculpture was a portrait of me!?!
 
 
 
We had a very interesting presentation today from Breda Lynch on Collage, Photomontage and Electrobricolage and I would have to admit that for once I was in an area of art with which I was deeply unfamiliar and I was unaware of the artists who were covered although I think I could say that I was unconsciously au fait with Hannah Hoch's work even though I wouldn't have known her name:
 

 
I look forward to this part of the course with great interest particularly to the collage element. Another thing that was mentioned as regards collecting ones own images was the necessity to look down, and followers of this publication will be familiar with my obsession with ground art.
 This could prove intriguing.
 
I have been poking around with different ideas for an image drawn from the concept of Space, Structures and Systems and I may have something. I will pursue this after our first workshop tomorrow.

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment