Patricia Green

Saturday 28 September 2013

Fierce Friday

There was a time when Friday was a day of morning crit, come library work then a tour of current exhibitions in Limerick  -  gone, totally gone!

Now we are self-directed on a Friday and I would say we are putting in more work than on any other day - printing, drawing, proofing cutting assisting, graining, cleaning -  its actually just great - and thank you to tutors who come in when they don't have to be there - its much appreciated.

Here's something of what's happening:

 
First layer on the stone  in liquid tusche;
 
 
 
 
First proof  - non-drying - the colour block came out good and solid

 
The stone being covered with rosin
 
 
 

 
The ink mix

 
First layer on Fabriano - some marks but these should be covered by the drawing of the second layer; however that'll teach you to be careful where you put your greasy fingers on the stone!
 
The drawing has continued too:
 




Sources and development of various drawings.
 
Contextual studies have not been anything lie as deep as they should be due to workshop pressure but I have a few interesting pointers to follow up in my pursuit of organic and inorganic and I will update when there is something to say.
 
Meanwhile I will just leave you with this sight that I met in St Johns Square on my way to the station last Thursday:
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment