Patricia Green

Tuesday 5 February 2013

Walking,not running

Before telling of today's activities I must show you the completed work from yesterday:

First, the subject:

 
Second the marks - drama-land but  great idea for maintaining POV:
 

Next, the work:

 
At the end of the week when they are properly finished and hung I will take better photos.
 
Exercises in colour mixing today, using the colour wheel as a starting point.

Demonstrations regarding primaries, secondaries and complementaries.
We were to do a painting of the assemblage ( preferably one with which one had not already worked and it was to be done with an array of tints and shades derived from a complementary combination -in my case purple and yellow:


 
There are two sets of colour swatches because I underpainted with those on the right and when I remixed for the overpaint the tints and shades were greener rather than brown. I was happy with this because I was getting a different experience of colour. This again is not the finished product -will do some more painting tomorrow  after CCS with knife and a different colour combination.
 
No day would be complete.....
 
Public Print


No comments:

Post a Comment