Patricia Green

Tuesday 12 February 2013

The Urban Path revisited

Before resuming my report on urban perambulations I would like to go back little and show you some images that hark back to where I was last semester; I mentioned Richard Long and his walking lines and I showed some of my own take on this. Well here he (and I ) were again:

 
There is no doubt that snow can produce the most hackneyed pictures but we  (thankfully) get it so seldom here that the temptation to record or interpret is very powerful:
 
 

 
When I got to Limerick that morning there was none and even here all this was gone by mid-morning - the effects are so ephemeral.
 
Returning to Limerick apart from my visits, I resumed my study of Ground Metal ( which I plan to expand on later) but here are a few studies of one of my favourite subjects:
 

 
 
Aren't they just lovely?...and all they convey about how we live - half-empty, half-full
 
and this one could as easily be the gate though which the lions emerge into the arena - as I keep saying - look ... and see.
 
 
I went back to the Limerick Printmakers new show called Box Set Fever and this time I got the list.
Here are a few I particularly appreciated:
 
 
Jill McKeown - Incidental Order  -  Etching

 
Sylvia Taylor - The Bridge - Lino Cut  (beautiful paper)
 



 
Cathy Henderson - East Wall Docks/Summer Evening - Relief

 
 
Declan Byrne - Eastern Approach  - Etching
 

 
Patrick Corcoran - Active  - Digital Print



 
Frank W. Marston - Tensile -  Wood engraving

 
Deborah Ando - Untitled  - Etching and Drypoint
 
I just realised that my selection was rather monochrome and the show was not:
 

 
Oliver Flude - Untitled - Wood Cut
 
There is more I want to say about Limerick but let's have a break.
 
 
Not forgetting, of course
 
Public Print
 


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment