Patricia Green

Tuesday 2 October 2012

There are lotus -blossoms across my path

I am almost going into information and stimulus overload..

Today was away from school and up to Farmleigh in the Phoenix Park for a ceramics exhibition called

For the third time in about eighteen months, my perceptions about ceramics have been challenged, although truth to tell I have now nothing but profound admiration and a deep sense of awe for these artists.

Let's just look a bit:

 
Alex Scott
 
 
                                                                                 
                                                                               Gabriele Gisi

 
SaraFlynn
 
 
Elaine Riordan
 
 
Christine Aschwanden
 
These are just a taste of what was a wonderful array of thought and art - no tea-cups here.
 
Anyway, I believe the catalogue is in the library or very soon will be and I would advise everyone to look at it. The sojourn in China that was at the genesis of this is really well worth reading about.
 
I will have to return to the path tomorrow, but I managed to get a few more ideas while on the trip today.
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment