Patricia Green

Sunday 30 September 2012

The path winds a bit

Last  Thursday I had meeting with my tutors Mary Nagle and Sylvia Shortall and it was very enlightening. They told me that Iwas trying to move too in finishing pieces of work but I had already kind of guessed that and as I have already mentioned I felt that 'edge' was the direction for the next bend in the path.
This was the second  3D representing a stylised hilly coast-line with a railway and the contours specifically done a s edges.











                                                                                                                                                                                 
The pictures on my gallery were moving more towards edge





but they were tending to be monumental and a bit too wide- ranging in scope  so it was suggested to me that I should do some investigative photography - which I did:

 
 


Just a sample !  And no explanations at this stage!
 
 
On Friday there was a group tutorial with our studio and Studio 3 which was very unnerving but not a little simulating. A student from 3 gave me the name of an artist whose work might be relevant to my research and so it proved ; I am very grateful.
 
 
 
 
 
Any Goldsworthy's land sculpture sare very interestng and his videos are well worth watching.
 
 
More expansion on my direction of enquiry will follow
 


No comments:

Post a Comment