Patricia Green

Thursday 20 September 2012

Space and Edge



Coming back to now from the Quattrocento, its time to give a little run-down on where I am going with the project:

To Sense My Space

The rails are still central but other concepts are shouldering , or should I say edging, their way in.
The word margin appeared in a mind map from Rogets thesaurus as but that was close enough to 'edge' for me and I suddenly realised that the idea of edge has been something that has always fascinated me.


Lets just take a quick zip back to the 50s and 60s and an art show that came to Dublin at that time called ART USA NOW and what did I see? Hard edge ..... and it was..... WOW!
Newman



                                                               






Kelly




   Noland

This was painting with an edge and for me it still is.

I forgot to mention when showing the "Mouth" earlier that another old favourite came to mind:




Claes Oldenburg and his soft sculptures.

Over the weekend I will attempt to explain what my concepst are for my project.













No comments:

Post a Comment