Patricia Green

Sunday 23 September 2012

Ghosts

Spaces ........with no rails
This was a railway station on the line between Thurles and Carrick-on-Suir, called Laffansbridge.
So - here there are edges and rails, or the ghost of them. I was told long ago by someone who travelled this line that it was a beautiful journey.
So you see our spaces today always have that fourth dimension of time in them, in the form of memories.

Edge and rail again

 

 
 
I had to lie at the bottom of the downslope at the endod of the platform to get this picture and whil I was there I took a vdeo of a train coming in. The driver was rather puzzled to see me lying on the ground.
 
 

 
In the course of my reading over the weekend I came across a piece about Lee Miller, and in following up on her I discovered that when she was working with Man Ray in Paris before WWII she produced a surrealist photographic work with a very interesting title:

Portrait of Space


Some background reading would produce overt sexual interpretation.,

So space, as we are seeing, can mean many different thing to different people..... as can edge.

It occurred to me as I wwalked from the station the other morning that this place was the edge of life:

 
Think about that till I come back.




No comments:

Post a Comment