Patricia Green

Monday 29 October 2012

Sitting at the side of the path

Bank Holiday Monday in October -there was a tie when I would have been in Cork for the Jazz Festival -never missed it and the weather always seemed to be good. The first time I went there was to see the Modern Jazz Quartet (MJQ) who had reformed after apparently permanently retiring. I couldn't believe I was seeing such legends so close to me on stage.
Here's a taste:
 
 
Anyway, enough of that nostalgia  -   no, that's wrong; the fact that this is great music and will always be is slightly devalued by thinking of it only as nostalgia.

We often talk about happy accidents -well last week I was copying a Japanese woodblock print and when I took out the copy I discovered that the paper marker I had been using had lodged over the face of the figure in the print; at first I was infuriated, but then I began to think about it and these are what eventuated from that thinking: 
 
 
Barnett Newman -The Edge King

Ellesworth Kelly Rocks!

I know, I know it's all a bit irreverent but surely you cant be too po-faced about the things you love?
Ps  Any earlier readers might note that I at last managed to get the pictures in the right way up.........well it's the least one can do .........under the circumstances.




No comments:

Post a Comment