Patricia Green

Thursday 25 October 2012

Narrow is the way

It's Thursday morning and I have my first review in an hour. I thought it mightn't be a bad idea just to put up an updated statement:



Now Where Am I?                                                  October 24

 

I composed my first statement nine days ago, but even in that time one’s own standpoint, perspective and consequent point of view changes.

The animation features I have made and the additions of music to short videos provide me with some insight into image- production and manipulation, and a view of these images which has surprised me.

I now have some ideas about further manipulation of image, and use of pre-existing image, such as earth surfaces and the addition of sound track and video to these.

The other possibility would be the making of a large-scale painting using the image material created from the animation, and even the possibility of transforming such an image into 3D –maybe bas-relief.

The third avenue is the use of a separate set of images that have always particularly interested me for their use of colour blocks and sharp-edged outline and that is Japanese woodblock print. This is an area I have not touched upon at all yet.

Later I would like to make some comments about our first CCS essay assignment and  the business of writing an essay.

 
A toute a l'heure!

OK its a lot later the same day and this is one much happier dude! Again thanks to my two tutors of the day -Sylvia Shortall and Mary Nagle - who not only were very encouraging and supportive of what I have been doing, but once again have pointed me in a slightly different direction 'along the enchanted way' (thank you Mr Kavanagh).
This evening I returned to Len Lye and discovered that he had made a film of the music of Tal Farlow who was one of my first heroes of modern jazz guitar -what a melange : you just have to see this!

Its a combination of  two of the  things I love best: abstract art and modern jazz .
 
 
I have to do this.
 
 
I will leave the comments on CCS till tomorrow.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment