Patricia Green

Sunday 28 October 2012

The path meanders at the weekend

So it's a wet Sunday night and to add to that it is now winter time. Here is something to brighten things up:


 
These are two pictures by Sarah Morris(b. London 1967) called Dulles(Capital) 2001 (top) and Endeavour 2005 - very bright and sharp doncha think? Their colour range really fits into the way I am thinking about my animations at present.
 
As to that, I had a great time on Friday with the studio essentially to my self for a good part of the day as I waited for PJ O'Connell (my teacher from last year in Colaiste Mhuire in Thurles) to come along -he txted to say he would be an hour later and that suited me fine working away and occupying a very large part of the studio with my own taste in music flowing : from Julian Bream on guitar to NeilYoung.
 


 
I got plenty of exercise walking back and forth across the studio, but I got to do a lot of stuff quite quickly and I am hoping to use these images in producing a further series of animations and also possibly to do a number of collages which may be worked up into a 3D or bas-relief :
 



 
 
This one may be made into one or a series of card collages - I'll put them up if they happen

 
 I think I already mentioned that we got our essay assignments for CCS and the one which is concerned with the Renaissance has produced a number of ideas one of which concerns Caravaggio and re that I picked up a copy from the library of Derek Jarman's 1986 film eponymously titled. Now while it is not a documentary I think anyone who wants to think about Michaelangelo Merisi de Caravaggio should see this.
 
Here's a still from it:
 
 
Some of the set pieces were stagings of Caravaggio's paintings and were stunning.
 
Let the weekend roll on and I'm being very well behaved.
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

 
 

 

 
 


 



 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment